Friday, October 20, 2006

T-2 days and counting

Last night I was meant to start packing because otherwise I only have tomorrow night. I say 'meant to' because, obviously, I didn't. Sean and Sarah decided to go to the movies so I decided to join them as I haven't been in AGES. We went to see The Departed. I knew ball-park what it was about but not much and it's a film packed with a whole lot of big names: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Mark Wahlberg, Ray Winstone, and Alec Baldwin to name the big ones recognised. And I really liked this film. I've always been somewhat anti-DiCaprio and am somewhat apathetic towards Matt Damon (Team America World Police ruined him for me) but they were both good- great even. And Jack Nicholson was, as ever, a gem. It was not a happily ever after and I think that gave it even more impact for me- it's one of those movies that is staying with me for a couple of days. It's quite violent but has moments of the ridiculous and I highly recommend it to everyone except my mum because I'm pretty sure she'll hate the ending.

Kevin, my office source for cool links sent me this today. It's a YouTube vid time-lapse thing of a hot air balloon race and is sehr gut.

No comments: