Tuesday, October 17, 2006

for the love of Jesus!

So anyone reading these posts in order should, right now, skip down to the one below and read that first. This entry is a continuation of my Day From Hell series: Part2:Why BT are Satan.

I finally got through to British Telecom, using this neat feature called 'call back' where you leave your number and you stay in the queue but they call you back. Neato. And that's about the only neato thing about them. It turns out that the line at our new place hasn't been used for a while so they need to send out an engineer for maintenance and the soonest they can do that is, get this, NOVEMBER 13!. Can you fucking believe it?!! I sure can't. When they guy told me, I said, "Jesus! I mean sorry, I know this isn't your fault but do you mean to say that I can't have a landline until Nov 13? That's 3 weeks!" [and my skin started to turn a greenish hue and my clothes started to get a bit tight as my body expanded]

3 weeks!

So I phoned my current providers but, and get this, if I want a new number at my new address (yes please, the people staying in the flat would like to have the same number) it will take up to 10 days after me moving in for them to activate my phone line (10 days?!! WTF?!!!!) and there is the possibility of me incurring £100+ in fees. Fees for what I do not know because I'm pretty sure I was through to a call centre in India and I was only just making my wishes clear to the lady I was talking to and was only just understanding what she meant. All I know is that I told her not to change anything, thanked her for her help (which was none at all) and hung up. And then promptly started swearing with all the power of my Irish ancestry. I don’t think my workmates knew that I was capable of such language.

*deep breaths* I'm off to climb now, let's hope that helps.

No comments: