Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Kitty I killed our blog

So ever since my first existentialist post I've noticed that our viewer stats are down. I mean like waaaaay down. So either it's a phase, or people freaked out or I had a large religious audience which I shed in a most effective manner... Who knows? So sorry Kitty. It's all my bad.

On to happier things- it looks like, *fingers crossed* I will be getting my rooftop garden. We have to pay a deposit to the agency tomorrow to take it off the market and then it's as good as ours. I went to look at it this morning and it's a split level place with some people living below us and there are stairs leading to all different levels and although the living room/kitchen is a bit small, the whole thing is quirky and cool and just appealed to me immediately. So the picture to the left is of my blank canvas of a rooftop. I think it'll take me a while because, if for no other reason, I can't afford much at the moment. And we have winter coming on which isn't v conducive to pretty plants but I will have my wicked way with our rooftop foliage if it's the last thing I do. [insert evil, maniacal laugh] And it's a MASSIVE space. Yay!

And on to designy/arty/interesting stuff- this guy's website is really cool. It's like a portfolio and blog all together. I liked it a lot. He even named his beard and has a tribute page to it. When it started up with the music I burst out laughing. Now that is classy.

For the computer geeks- here's some post-modern art/ironic statement on society. Or it's just cool.


An on an architectural front- how cool is this?! I must have modernism in my soul- I just love it. That said, I don't think you could pay me enough money to live here. If it were just one house using this idea- definitely- but as an apartment block? No way José. I think modernist structures along these vein are also doomed to failure. Take Le Corbusier's - I mean they start off all cool and blocky and what we would now call 'retro' looking but 10-20 years down the track and those formerly pristine slabs of concrete aren't looking so clean any more. It's a damn shame when reality goes and tramples all over a perfectly nice design. Boo hiss to reality.

No comments: