Wednesday, June 14, 2006

smug

We had some bananas at home that were well on their way to a better place so last night I decided to make that better place my oven. I tried out a new banana cake recipe from the baking book Kerry gave me for my birthday and crossing my fingers, put it in my oven which I have a love/hate relationship with.

It turned out fab. No pics because I just did a light lemon glaze so it's nothing to look at but what would have been worthwhile documenting was the rate at which it disappeared once I put it out at work just now- it was almost inhaled. Everyone loved it and thought it (ie. me) was amazing so I am now basking in the warm glow of a successful creation. I will definitely use that recipe again. It uses sour cream which is something different for me but seems to be a good thing. In fact Kerry chose a bloody good book, if this one recipe is anything to go on. There are at least three recipes in there for gluten free cakes which of course makes me think of my Mum. I haven't had the courage to bastardise recipes of mine by replacing normal flour with soy or something simliar but now I have recipes and Mum will have cakes galore to look forward to when I'm home at Christmas, lucky lady.

No comments: