Thursday, June 15, 2006

nooooooooooooo

I just wrote this superlong blog and through some sheer act of stupidity, closed the window and lost it! Oh the trauma! I don't think I'll have the time or energy to recreate it all... BOLLOCKS!

Now despite my carelessly stupid act of closing down the window of my blog, I like to think that on the whole I'm a reasonably smart person. I can read between most lines, I can take a hint. I'm not a superstitious or religious person but I do believe in Fate. Fate gets a capital, A.A. Milne styles because, although I may not have any fixed ideas about any kind of God, I am cynical enough to believe in some horribly fickle higher power than enjoys sticking its fingers into my life every now and then and having a good old mess about. (Or maybe I just read too much Terry Pratchett and find the image of Fate, Luck, Death, etc gathered around a board game of life and rolling dice just too easy to believe.) But back to my story: This morning. I woke up still supersleepy and took twice as long as normal to get ready and was running late and needed to be at work earlier than normal and my hips were aching so I decided to take a day off from the gym which resulted in me heading out an hour later than normal. And this is the point where someone shoved their sticky fingers into my life. The bus took ages to arrive and when it did, it was jam-packed with brats off to school (never fun) and when I arrived at Putney, there were no trains going where I needed so I went to catch a bus but the traffic was horrible so I gave up on that and walked to the tube where, thankfully, things started to go right. So a journey that usually takes 30 mins took 2 hours. Woot. By the end I was casting my eyes upwards going, "Enough already! I get it! Next time I'll go to the gym!" Hrmph.

This afternoon, England is playing Trinidad & Tobago at the World Cup. Our whole office is clearing out in about an hour to invade some quiet and off-the-beaten-track pub to watch the game. You have to love these Brits and their footie. As I was coming back from lunch I saw a rubbish man walking down the street with his bin and broom combo and he had two England flags sticking out at the front. Bless. Only here man, only here.

And this is where I have to rudely and abruptly cut out. I have to get some work done before the game and I'll have to rehash all my other ramblings at some later date. So annoying. But I thought better to post this than nothing at all. Because I know (hope) some people check this regularly. Peace out.

No comments: