Friday, June 02, 2006

I sit here, listening to 'Pegasus', happily enveloped in the warm and gentle sound of home. When I first came over here, it was a good few months before I could actually listen to these guys- I'd just get all homesick and weepy when I listened to them. That took me quite by surprise because although I really like their music and went to their gigs, I didn't know how strongly I associated them with NZ/home.

The gig last night was great although they played quite a few new songs and personally, I'd have really liked to hear stuff I know so that I could sing along happily. That sounds horrible of me, doesn't it? New stuff was good though, lots of stuff they called ballads that ended up with some pretty darn angry "crooning" at the end of them. :-) They did however open with 'Sister Risk' and close with 'Going Fishing' so that's all good.

The night before the gig was also interesting- in an Aynia kind of way. I spent the majority of my tube journey staring at the shoes of the woman opposite me. (Check me out with my stealth photography) So the top of the lady looked like this- plain old boring comfy pastels but then you get to the shoes.I mean DUDE. It's not like they're a total abomination but I spent almost 20mins staring at them and all I could ask was, "Why?!" The stripy socks are in keeping with the rest of her colours but what the f*** is with that stripy band and that horrible bling? Never mind. I had to put it down to variety being the spice of life and if everyone had the same taste, this planet would be a boring place.

And I had to put this one in because I found it amusing. This is a poster that was in the girls' loos at the venue last night. I know band names must be hard to choose but 'fuck shovel'? How do you answer your granny when she asks what your band is called?

No comments: