Friday, June 23, 2006

only in britain...

At work the art department has a friendly squabble going as to whose turn it is to make tea. In fact it's not much of a squabble really because I do it most of the time but I don't mind as I'm happy to get up from my desk. And then today I get an email from Jon sending me to this website. Yep that's right, we now have an official tea club. Only in Britain man, only in Britain. On this website (for those not checking out the link in depth or at all), you specify what you want to drink, add people to your tea list and put in times which you would like to have tea at. Then you get an email when it's tea time. If it's your turn you're told what to get people, otherwise yo are told you should be getting your tea in 10 minutes. Something this übergeeky and OCD has to be admired. I am currently enjoying my first TeaClub cup of tea. Mmmm, tasty.

And if you guys want to see truly glorious dancing, you have to check out this and this. It's on YouTube (in true UK style, they're discovering the glory of this a wee while after the rest of the world) so I hope you have a good internet connection. If you don't, it's well worth the wait. Patience grasshopper etc etc. If I could dedicate my links to people, these ones would go out to my sister, Julie you will love these. I was left staring at amazing feats of 80s robot dancing with my mouth wide open. In fact that type of dancing is probably another example of übergeekdom. I should really make a t-shirt that says 'long live the übergeek' spelt out in scrabble letters (don't know how I'll handle the umlaut but I guess I could always Photoshop it in...) or something similar.

No comments: