Thursday, June 22, 2006

living on the fringe




Yesterday I booked my flight up to Edinburgh at the end of August. The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is running from August 6-28 and since August 28 is a bank holiday, it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss. And I get to stay with Aimee and Reece so no need to worry about finding a bed- and lucky thing too because otherwise I could have kissed my cunning plan goodbye. Apparently Edinburgh always fills up to the eyeballs for this thing.

I started by having a poke around on the site and, of course, checking out the merchandise shop. So now I have to decide which t-shirt I want. (Advice welcome although that would involve people commenting which they seem to scared to do. Pussies.) They even have badges. Whoopee. (And that's genuine, not sarcastic, I love badges. You all know that.)

What was daunting though was that I had no idea how to find out exactly what was on. I mean all the info is there on the website but you really need a programme to be able to leaf through so you can see everything at once. So I finally tracked one down on the website, or at least how to get one, only to come across this statement The Fringe programme is free. However, as it's so crammed full of show information, it costs us money to pack and post to you. Fair enough I guess and I'm sure there's some place in London where I can find them but that's a mission so instead I've coughed up £3.50 to have one sent to me. It's better be pretty.

It's all very exciting though, especially as I'm doing one of the things I really wanted to do while I was over here and it's nice to tick something off the list. (Not that I'm using lists any more Julie. ;-) xox)

1 comment:

kittyruth said...

the radio thingy - number 1!