Thursday, March 23, 2006

spring?

With my mouth still tingling from the chilli I just had for lunch (home made and supergrood), I thought it was time to catch up on blogging. Fresh air and sunshine can wait.

It would seem that the British version of spring (think September/October in relative NZ terms) does not involve a rise in temperature but merely extended daylight hours. This weekend that's just passed was freezing- and I'm talking 2 degrees (can't find the shortcut for the symbol) and I was bundled up to 'Nam when I trotted over to my friend Sam's place on Saturday night. (See picture at left- and that's a long woolen coat I have over my hoodie folks.) I have decided that from now on I will have to bring my camera with me whenever I might be walking back from Sam's late at night. Weekend before last as I was walking home I saw a lacy g-string hung over one of the poles of a fence and last weekend there was a fox curled up in the middle of someone's front lawn. Moments that will live on only in my memory thanks to my lack of camera at the time.

This week has been almost as good as Xmas, I've been getting that many pressies. Kerry came back from 3 weeks in SA and brought us all back kitschy ethnic pressies- so glorious! Then I got a puffin badge from Ali (no camera with me=no pic) and all week long I've had packages arriving from Amazon. AmazonUK is having a massive sale at the moment so I did a stock up on pressies for myself and others and took requests from family. As a result I don't know that I will succeed at just bringing back a daypack any more and even if I do, I'll feel like a smuggler. Oh well. I'm also starting to compile a list of stuff I need but should hang out for until duty free- headphones, new watch, makeup. I'm gonna have to get to the airport ultra early just to get all my shopping in. That's the way to start a holiday! ;-)

16 SLEEPS TILL I LEAVE FOR HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To answer your question Kitty my sweet, I will be in Dunners from April 9-21. I only get 12 days in NZ due to bloody time travel/zones/bollocks. I feel gypped. I think most of the pressies I bring back will be picked up from Duty Free as airlines never care how many DF bags you're carrying but they can get shirty about hand-luggage. It'll fab to see everyone again- I'm looking forward to shenanigans and high-jinx.

Ooh and finally- the blog is lookign hella-tight Kitty. Ka pai. Also that map link thingy is ultrafly. Who do we know in Sth America?

2 comments:

aynz said...

This looks like advertising spam to me..... If so, get the fuck off our blog. Please.

aynz said...

(I've had a long day and my eye hurts. I'm a bit tetchy...)