Wednesday, March 29, 2006

an entry that speaks of eyes and endorphins

Well I figured out why my eye was sore and I've got one word to say to you: conjunctivitis. Yicky. I woke up this morning with one eye gummed shut and thought, "Oh. That's what it was..." So this morning after the gym I promptly took myself over to Boots and got some golden eye ointment. Conjunctivitis is definitely at the top of the list of things I don't want when I fly home. Everyone at work is dropping like flies with one flu or another and I'm just trying to keep away. I only have 12 days in NZ. I can't afford to be sick.

We had daylight savings on Sunday and I swear it's thrown my body clock totally out of whack. Usually I'm the one to scoff at people who complain about losing an hour of sleep but this year it's me. I've really been noticing it at the gym too. I had to have a little talk with my body this morning which went along the lines of, "Dude. We have a deal, I drag this lazy ass out of bed and make it run/cycle/row and sweat copiously and in return I get my daily rush of endorphins. But as of late there's been no rush so be a honey and hook a brother up would you?" And maybe it worked because today things were much better. Or maybe I was just feeling smug at heaving my way through 2000m on the rower in 10 mins. (Which for me is a very decent effort.)

Ooh- and pictures of my new hat hotness. I have two shots for you- one from the front and one from behind to show the cute tassley thingy.

No comments: