Saturday, March 25, 2006

deadlines

Well it's deadline day for us here at Geographical and this has been one hella stressful issue. I won't be sad to see it gone. In fact there is still a smidgeon of stress hanging over me in the form of niggly bits and pieces that I don't want to go in to. Basically it's not like the good old days of Critic that laugh in the face of copyright and just grab any old thing off Google image search. *sigh*

Even getting to pop out at lunchtime (at the early hour of 2:30pm) to buy a book for my 2nd cousin didn't help. He turned 4 yesterday and I'm going down to visit his family this weekend and I thought I should bring a pressie. So at lunchtime I headed down to my favourite kiddie's bookshop and said I wanted a pirate book for a 4yr old boy. The people who work there are great- I was taken around and shown a range of books but I had to get 'Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs'. With a title like that how could you NOT? Also the pictures are way cool.

Alas the thrill of Captain Flinn and his piratical dinosaurs is not enough to rid me of this nasty hairball of stress building in my insides. God I just want this issue to be done.

P.S. TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. Kitty my love- I don't always get that cool map thingy coming up in my sidebar. Do you know why that would be?

No comments: