Monday, August 13, 2007

penguins and fluff

Schmappy Feet
On Sunday I watched Happy Feet which, to be completely honest, I thought was quite a shit movie. I was only one more singing penguin away from turning off the TV and walking away when suddenly some South American-styled penguins entered the plot and suddenly things moved from potential Bathroom Brigade material to moderately amusing at times.

Ever since the stupid singing penguins though, I've had Kiss by the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince, or the artist currently known as Prince, or just Prince, if you're gonna be a boring old square about it. At any rate, it's been stuck in my head. So I had to look up the lyrics- as you do. It's an earworm, I hope you all catch it.

Not much use for the people back home
I have found a pretty darn delicious fudge recipe. The reason it won't of much use to NZers is that it uses Fluff. I came across it in a supermarket here and remembered it from living in the States and making fudge with my cousin. The result is pretty darn sweet (not a problem for this mere mortal) and the texture is (in my humble opinion) pretty near perfect. I brought some in to work and was a little alarmed that it didn't instantly disappear. People would be like, "Oh no, I couldn't have another, it's just so sweet." I was confused. Too sweet? Maybe there is something chemically wrong in my brain or physically wrong with my tastebuds because I have yet to discover something being "too sweet". I was starting to think that I was the only freak in the office who could quite happily down three pieces one after the other (but held back) until three of my fellow workers stepped up to the plate. One at 7 pieces in a row and another other might have topped up around 5. Not too shabby really.

No comments: