Thursday, August 16, 2007

dickhead me

Today I locked myself out. Yup. I went for a run before work (that'll learn me, if I hadn't done that, none of this would've happened.) and grabbed the spare keys, forgetting in my rush out the door (8am) that it isn't a complete set at the moment because we recently had some locks changed. So I got back, got through the bottom door and then stood in front of the top one as a sickening feeling grew in my stomach. Luckily for me, my friend Kez is off sick at the moment and only lives 10 mins up the road. Only thing is, I had to wait till she was up and about. So I walked, walked some more, swung on a swing, knocked on Kerry's door (no answer), walked down to the locksmith, got a quote for at least £58-75 just for the callout (and I only live 2 mins away from them so over my dead body was I paying that much to get them to let me in), walked to my local library, picked up some "quality literature" (Dr. Cowboy), read that for a while, tried Kerry's again (still no luck), headed back to the library, read some more, tried Kerry's yet again adn this time I struck gold. By this time it was midday and pretty much my first words to Kez were, "I locked myself out, I need a shower and I need food."

So needless to say, no work for me today. I called in as soon as I got to Kerry's and apparently everyone had been really worried because it's totally unlike me not to call in. When I checked my facebook, there was a message on my wall:
Aynia, can you get in touch with work?! No-one knows where you are and we're worried that you may have had some sort of flapjack making accident or something! If anyone knows where Aynia is today can they give us a call on: [xxx number supressed]. Thanks [name withheld]
and when I finally got to my phone tonight, there were missed phone calls from everyone at work who has my number. So that's all very sweet and it's good to know that if something happens to me over here, I will be missed. Although when I go in to work tomorrow, I'm pretty sure they will mercilessly take the piss out of me. (This is how I know I work with good people, I would do the same to them.)

No comments: