Thursday, August 30, 2007

oops I did it again

Yup. Not content with locking myself out once, I decided to do it again. Just because it was so fun the first time...

This time I did it on Monday, the Bank Holiday and I totally blame Extreme Home Makeover. I was meant to be going out shopping with Kez and her flatmates in the afternoon and ended up sitting in front of the tele watching Extreme Home Makeovers which were running all day long. Finally I sent Kez a text saying, "Please for the love of God get me out of here, I am sobbing my eyes out." (It was a very sad episode.) So she called me and said, "Turn that TV off NOW. We're headed for the bus, just go wait for us." So I did.

It was only as I closed the door behind me and went to double lock it that I realised that I had taken my house keys off the main key ring when I went for a run that morning and FORGOTTEN TO PUT THEM BACK ON. So, once again, I was locked out. The common thread here, in case you guys missed it, is me going for a run. Clearly it is not meant to be. Still, smart poppet that I am, I am going to get TWO copies made (haven't done it yet as it needs to be done by a proper locksmith and we don't have one near work which means I'll have to go to the wanker 2 mins from my home who wanted to charge me at least £60 to open up my door last time...) which will mean there is a spare set at the flat which I can take on runs and another set which I will leave at Kerry's flat for safety so that should I have another bout of retardedness, there is a spare set of keys 10 mins up the road. I may be a slow learner but when I learn, I learn.

No comments: