Friday, August 24, 2007

hoist by my own petard*

So I had this cunning plan to go without chocolate for a week. Just coz I can. Or rather because I fear I just can't. Our office has a large tin which is frequently full of all manner of goodies- chocolates, biccies, cakes, mini-swiss rolls, the list goes on. And since I've been working phenomenal cosmic hours and not getting to the gym, I thought I should see if I could go a week without.

Although that said, today was the only day I didn't go to the gym and that, as much as anything, is probably to blame for my foul, self-indulgent mood. Up until today, I'd had a gym break half way throuhg my day when my brain got to recharge itself, a period of time where my brain was somewhere else. But today there was so much to do that I worked all the way through which meant that by 7pm my brain was quite literally shutting down, it had nothing left. I was also in a fairly foul mood which, for some strange reason, makes me laugh at myself. It's the way I have of being able to look at my life from an eye-of-God perspective, I can laugh at myself going, "Oh, poor widdle Ayzy-kins. She didn't get to the gym today and she hasn't had any choccie all week and now she's tired and crabby and hungry and feeling sorry for herself. Boo hoo." God knows why anyone likes me, the way I take the piss out of myself, I shouldn't even like me... ;-)

I may not have chosen the best week to do my choccie boycott- print deadline looming and all. A nasty side effect of this resolution of mine is that I seem to have developed a generalised health conscience so when doughnuts were brought down to our office today, I thought it would be hypocritical to eat one when I wasn't eating chocolate. Just for the record- this is abnormal behaviour for me. I came home HUNGRY- which may have accounted for the high proportion of cheese on my omlette but hey, a girl's gotta live, right?

So here I sit watching House, just me and Lappy (oh I'm gonna miss him when Hayden takes him back...) as the flatties are out. Trying to get my brain to slow down so that tonight when I collapse on my bed, totally bodily exhausted, I actually fall asleep as opposed to having a million thoughts run through my head.

* stricly speaking this is not true because this is what the phrase really means. But I liked the sound of it so I decided to use it anyway. Live with it.

No comments: