Friday, August 31, 2007

not right

On my tube journey on the way to climbing tonight, I had a guy sitting diagonally opposite me who was sucking his thumb. I couldn't help myself, I kept double-taking and staring because I could hardly believe my eyes. I mean this was a grown man, maybe about my age. Watching him sit there with his thumb in his mouth was oddly repellent, I just kept thinking, "Man that is wrong." But I think he was on to me beause everytime I looked up, he was looking at me too, probably wondering why I was staring. Or he knew- I mean how can you not be that old and think it's strange? I was a thumb-sucker in my youth, which is probably why I moved on to being a nail biter but I like to think I'm most reformed on that front and would NEVER dream of suckign mmy thumb. Eeew.

No comments: