Saturday, July 15, 2006

presspassing and trespassing


I got to go to Stonehenge!

Last Thursday, Ali and I went to Andover to presspass the magazine at St.Ives, our printers. Stonehenge isn't far from Andover and since Ali was driving, we took a detour. Armed with our audio guides, we traipsed around the stones and I really wish I could remember some of the interesteing facts and yes, I could Google it now to fill you folks in but you know what, you guys can Google it yourself if you care that much. About the only fact I came away remembering is that 1/3 of the stones is buried underground which is pretty bloody amazing. It would be moreso if I had a height figure for you (but I don't) so instead just think of these bloody huge stones being another thrid as huge. Dude. Them's some big ooga stones, let me tell you.

(This is Ali.)

As we walked around, we talked about the shame it was that th efield where the stones are is fenced off with barbed wire, that you have to pay to get in, and that the pathway around the stones is roped..........

------and that's as far as I got with my writing the other day. RIght now I'm just going to brutally wind this up. Slap in some happy snaps and get this baby posted because otherwise it's gonna hang around forever and I have a weekend coming up and hopefully new and exciting things to blog about on Monday. As a side note- Mimi Smartypants is an editor so small wonder that she writes well. That makes me feel a bit better. ;-) But for now- back to my abortion of a blog:



The stones are roped off so you can't stand beside them which sucks.


I have about a kazillion of pics like this but all are pretty much the same (although of course all totally different and special, hence needing to take so many...) It was al nice and moodybroody though.


Press-passing, which I will have to talk about later- and I feel I should, if only for Kitty's benefit because it's designy, was bloody interesting and I'm so glad I went.

The end.

Except forthis. Dude.

No comments: