Thursday, July 27, 2006

the great thing about whanau

My parents just called me at work and it was just the nicest thing ever. I mean we talk once a week anyway and we're a close family so if anything goes wrong or I'm feeling down, I'll call them up but this week I've been thinking of them and meaning to call but haven't been home at the right times. And then taadaa! They call me.

I'm fairly happy with the life I've set up for myself over here and I'm doing it all without the support network/general frame of reference I'm used to at home and that's all good. Look at me all Little Miss Independant and Living it Large in London. Ka pai. But sometimes it's just nice to hear a familiar voice, especially when it's Mum and Dad.

So for a little while the stress of deadline, general lack of motivation and heat-induced headache faded away to be replaced by the warm fuzzy that you can only get from family. Thanks for calling guys. xox

No comments: