Tuesday, February 07, 2006

shiver me timbers

Well I had a relatively chilled weekend which was a good chance to regain what I like to think if as my natural composure. On Saturday I finally got to the London Aquarium which was cool but yet somehow not as cool as I'd hoped. I went there accompanied by Rob who is a friend of my sister that I am stealing and has become my sight-seeing buddy. They have a range of fish from different environments- Atlantic, Pacific, fresh water, rainforest, etc- but having to wade through hoards of small children and negotiate a sea of prams took the thrill out of it a bit. I was also somewhere between amused and concerned to see a bunch of fish in one display grouped in a corner. There wasn't any food there or bright lights of anything I could see that might be of fishy interest but there they were, acting like if they swam hard enough, they could get out of the corner.... I was hanging out to see Nemo and was pretty gutted until I came across a tank with a whole bunch of BABY clownfish. All these little guys swimming around and all about 3cm long. Pretty goddamn cute, let me tell you. When we finally emerged, we treated ourselves to sorbet (on a freezing cold day) and I made the mistake of giving Rob the camera while he tried to act like a pirate. Same old same old really.

No comments: