Thursday, February 16, 2006

ba humbug

As much of a horrible commercial farce as Valentine's Day may have become, yada yada yada, so has the act of complaining about it become a total and utter cliché. Valentine's spam, emails from my picture libraries of special Valentine's Day image collection (vomit and delete), everyone having plans with that "special person" in their life- except me. Bitter old woman much?

So to make ourselves feel better, me, Mands, Sue and Kez all went out for dinner. (Four singleton females all out for dinner together on Valentine's Day to make each other feel better- also a horrible cliché I know.) The Gourmet Burger Kitchen is so the schizzle. I decided not to take piccies of our burgers (should have) and instead opted for end of evening happy pics after we'd all had a cocktail. I had the yummiest strawberry daiquiri I've had in a good long while although Kerry thought hers was a bit strong (pansy).

And only two more days till Portugal!!!!!!!! Whoopee!!!!!!! Probably no blogging for most of that week as I'll be touristing around or pulling my hair out as I look after supposedly adorable children. Goodluck.

2 comments:

kittyruth said...

You are straight out of chic-lit! Especially with all your nick names DAH-ling! The book would be called. 'Girls Heart Daqs or soemthing as equally silly.

Is that Gourmet Burger Kitchen the New Zealand one?

aynz said...

Umm.... dunno about GBK. It probably is an international franchise. Is there one in Dunners? If so I never went.