Friday, February 10, 2006

beer is bad

I can't believe it- there must be some kind of curse on me- or on my work mates. It seems that everytime I go out to a pub with them for some big occasion, I leave a bag behind. What with going to the gym before work, I invariably have both a backpack and a handbag with me and it seems I am doomed to leave one of them behind at the end of the night. Last night it was my backpack (again) and I was ultra-traumatised because in it is my iPod mini with my new pride and joy- its matching armband. When I get it back I'm putting up a photo... My iPod is blue (who are they kidding? It's TEAL guys.) and I ordered an armband from Apple so that it's easier for around the gym. (Any excuse to accessorise will do.) At any rate, it's teal too and my God am I going to be a vision of style at teh gym on Monday morning. That is, so long as some tosser hasn't taken it from my bag. I really have no faith in the integrity of people over here. I did call up the pub when I got home and they have it so tonight I have to trek back in to central London again to go pick it up. But it will be worth it to have my baby with me once again. It is so beautiful.

The occasion last night was the farewell of Christian, our now former Features Editor. Chris is relatively quiet and kinda shy and would absolutely KILL me if he knew I blogged this image of him which I grabbed from a feature folder. And as a disclaimer, this photo does him no justice. But of course I forgot to bring my camera last night which is probably just as well because I probably would have left that somewhere too. I shall miss his emails, his dry sense of humour, his trendy Indie dress styles and ever-changing facial hair. And he smelt good. Farewell Chris, you shall be missed. How will you cope with having to make your own coffee?

No comments: