Friday, February 03, 2006

kitty rocks my world

So I got home yesterday is a pretty foul mood as it hadn't been the best of days- it hasn't even been the best of weeks- and was all glum and grumpy... until I checked the mail. Waiting for me was a card from Kitty and NEW ZEALAND MAGNETIC POETRY. Sooooooooo supercool and hours of fun to be had by all. Especially as I explained what different words meant to my flatmates. Oh the hilarity. I was however gutted with the absence of gutted, ka pai, whanau and chur.

Another funny thing last night was that one of my flatmates made a sponge cake and, for the first time in her life, used an electric beater. I bought a cheapy one a while ago so I offered it to her (if God had intended us to cream butter and sugar by hand, he wouldn't have made electricity) and the reaction was hilarious. At first she was holding it like it was some kind of beast that would turn around and bite her and she was also holding it at an angle that promised to have our kitchen decorated in goop but after some pointers she was off. I had to smile when I went in to the living room and could hear her saying to our other flattie, "This thing is GREAT!" Damn straight.

As for the technical editor/art director thing, it's hard to say. At least in relation to how things are over here, I think art director is more like what we are doing and when you say technical editor, people do have more IT connotations. But then we did have to do a lot of system maintenance and helping people out with their computer problems and art director seems a bit over-the-top when it's only one person and you're not heading an art department with a host of arty minions. If I had a choice though, I'd say art director. ;-)

No comments: