Thursday, February 09, 2006

falling in love again

It seems like it was only yesterday that it was dark by 4:30pm. But here I am at 4:35 and there is still light. And BLUE SKY.
Dude.
When I walked out of the house this morning it was light already and I'm sure that last week I was groping my way to the bus stop in complete darkness. It is hard to put in to words the simple joy of a blue sky and some sunlight but it is a beautiful thing. I've been in a better mood today than I have been for weeks. Suddenly London doesn't seem like such a horrible place. You can forgive the pressing crowds and people who push past you adn bump and jostle without apologising. None of this is quite so important when there is sun. No wonder people worshipped Sun Gods.
But to put things properly inperspective, the other view from the back of our offices, available if I turned 90degrees and in to the sun, was this ->. This is somewhat closer to what I've had for the past 3 weeks or more, just without the piercing sunlight to liven things up...

1 comment:

kittyruth said...

It's so pretty! I wanta be in London.
In Dunedin it's been grey for the last couple of days, and it's now that you start to wonder whether *that* was summer, and now it's just like this until next december.
SUCK