Tuesday, September 12, 2006

things that make me go ?¡¥!!!∂ƒØ¡¡?!

I just had a reader call in and tell us about some images she got while on holiday of a caracal. She was all excited because it was a mum and baby and apparently they hadn't been seen in the park for 3 years. Well I didn't know what a caracal was so I googled it after the call and it turns out that I did know what it was, just not by name. But what made me reallyREALLY angry was coming across this picture. I was like- no, he didn't kill it but yes, yes he did. So I had to check out the website. No I haven't checked it out properly- I didn't get any further than the first page, I was that bloody angry. Oh look, they're a 'good' hunting club because they cater for disable hunters and have special ones for people in wheelchairs. Well guess what- I don't give a fuck. Whoopteefuckingdoo. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO GO AROUND SHOOTING ANIMALS. Yes, I'm a vegetarian (even if slightly hypocritical at times) so may be slightly biased but I hate. And I mean HATE people who think it's a good time to go out and kill some poor animal and then take a picture of themselves beside it and potentially take it home and get it stuffed or worse, chop off its head and stick it on the wall. It's sick. It's wrong. And yes, I know I have friends who hunt and have trophies at home. You know I don't like it. I can condone hunting for pest control purposes and for my friends who go out hunting, you'd better bloody well be taking Bambi home to cook up or at least feed to the dog. As for people who go on safaris to Africa and pack their gun.... "Oh yes look at that amazing specimen in its prime. So majestic, so fierce, so noble.... BANG". Ignorant stupid fuckers all of them. (Sorry for the swearing but I'm on a rant here.) I mean in the wild you wouldn't stand a chance, would you? But tucked up in your 4WD for your speedy getaway with a gun so that you can hit it from a nice safe distance you feel like a God- you absolute cowardly pansy. Take a knife and go hunt it down like a real man and then I might, and I mean might just allow it.

No comments: