Friday, September 01, 2006

One for the Anime Fans



I had an amusing email from my Dad today, my fav of which I am including here. Because I can. I love anime/manga/animation in general (10 months in Japan at the age of 5 would seem to have made quite an impression on me) and so I share some of my geek humour with you....

All I Ever Learned, I Learned from Anime

Smart people wear glasses.

When you die, make a long speech, and don't finish the last sentence.

Teachers have excellent aim with small objects.

The coolest weapon is still the sword.

The hero is never really mad until they hurt his girlfriend.

The green-haired alien girl will always betray her people for the man she loves.

School uniforms are cool only when the collar is open.

You can never have too much hair.

Sweating is a sure sign of stress.

Daydreaming leads to accidents.

No matter how much blood is lost, no one can die by a nosebleed.

(The same theory above applies to vomiting.)

If a sister falls in love with her brother, somewhere down the line you will discover that they're not blood related.

It is possible to incorporate martial arts into any aspect of life.

The oldest sister is the nice one, the youngest sister is the brash one.

All major villains either want to take over the world or blow it up.

No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.

The martial arts expert is always defenseless against a slap from the girl who loves him.

TAKAHASHI'S LAW 2: The two-foot-tall old geezer is someone to be feared.

The fate of the planet rests in the hands of the seemingly normal high school student.

Any character can make a leap of 300 ft or more if given a good running start.

A samurai sword can cut through anything.

All characters over the age of 60 shrink in height in direct proportion to their age.

Anime villians have the best deaths.

Any truly evil person who changes sides for the woman he loves will die in that episode.

Hair comes in every shade of the rainbow - and we do mean pink, purple, blue, green....

For a complete list, check out:http://www.abcb.com/misc/latt_03.htm

No comments: