Saturday, September 23, 2006

oh the indignity

At lunchtime today I went to the supermarket and along with my tomato soup and hummous, I got 2 bottles of wine which Sarah highly recommends and are on special at the moment and super cheap. But it was not to be. It went a little like this:

me: [smile] hello
checkout dude: hello [looks at my wine, looks at me] do you have ID?
me: [blank look of total surprise] no
checkout dude: I can't sell it to you without ID
me: you're joking! [incredulous look of disbelief on face]
what I want to say: are you f*cking joking me?! I'm TWENTY SEVEN YEARS OLD
what I say: I don't have my passport on me
checkout dude: sorry but I can't sell it
what I want to say: you f*cking retard! Get managment over here. SOMEONE has to think I look older than 18.
what I say: Oh. Well I'll just take the other stuff then.

I just don't bloody believe it. There is no way I am going to carry my passport on me all the time. I don't even carry my NZ driver's licence. Also I buy alcohol at my local Odd Bins and Threshers (franchised liquor stores in the UK) and have never been asked for ID. And I know I should be flattered but frankly, right now I'm just too pissed off.

But something frivolous to cheer me up- singing horses. Or at least horses you can click on to make up different funky tunes. Trés amusing.

AND- here is a site where you can make your own cutout snowflakes. It is superultramegaübercool and I made about 13 today. (Lucky I'm not obsessive compulsive, huh? ;-))

No comments: