Tuesday, January 29, 2008

wedding singer

I came across The Wedding Singer fairly late in life and so have only seen it about twice but it was on (again) late on Sat evening and I caught one of my favourite moments just in time- Adam Sandler singing Somebody Kill Me Please. The video of it is on YouTube. Go watch, it's hilarious. And for those who know the tune, here are the lyrics so you can start singing it to yourself.
You don't know how much I need you.
While you're near me I don't feel blue.
And when we kiss I know you need me too.
I can't believe I found a love that's so pure and true.

But it all was bullshit.
It was a goddam joke.
And when I think of you Linda,
I hope you fucking choke.

I hope you're glad with what you've done to me.
I lay in bed all day long feeling melancholy.
You left me here all alone, tears running constantly.

Oh somebody kill me please,
somebody kill me plee-ase,
I'm on my knees,
pretty pretty please kill me.

I want to die.
Put a bullet in my head.

1 comment:

Kura said...

I will always thank this movie for reintroducing me to the classic
80s song 'you spin me round right baby'...