Saturday, January 26, 2008

cirque glory

On Wednesday night I went to see Varekai, the current performance of Cirque du Soleil at Royal Albert Hall. It was absolutely amazing, just incredible. I have to admit that I wasn't sure how good it would be live. Which sounds every bit as blasphemous a comment as it is but when you watch it on the tele, you know that all the action is being followed and you can see everything closeup and I was worried it would be hard to keep track of it all. I scoff at my fears now. Being there as it was performed was incomparable- to actually see people flying through space and be part of the amazing atmosphere... I was caught between speechlessness, going, "Oh my God" and nearly being in tears due to the beauty/ amazingness/ wonderfulness of it all. I would go again in a heartbeat (if I could afford it) and am so glad that I finally got organised enough to go. All I can say is that if anyone ever gets a chance to see Cirque du Soleil perform, DO IT.

No comments: