Wednesday, January 09, 2008

bobbing along

Okay so I'm officially back to hating Kura again- which is how my raging jealousy chooses to manifest itself- otherwise it'd be depression and I find the anger side of emotions far easier to manage. I get back from a cold and wet Edinburgh to a colder if not-at-the-moment-as-wet London and find her facebook status to read "Kura Carpenter is back from a great day cruising the lagoon of a neighbouring tropical island." hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehategrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I want to be snorkeling in a tropical lagoon. [enunciated in a whining 4 year old, stomping my foot on the floor voice] I'm thinking I'm going to have to cut back on how often I look at her blog. Today her largest trial seems to be deciding how to eat her pawpaw.
Eat it raw? Blend it with crushed ice and vodka? Maybe bake it with brown sugar and serve it with ice-cream?
Oh my heart bleeds....

I've started swimming in the local community college pool and although it's chlorinated water (not unusual for a pool, I know, but I prefer the ocean), it's usually VERY empty and being in water in any form makes me happy. But I need goggles because the chlorine kills my eyes and I'm thinking of getting a cap so I don't have to always wash my hair, all of which combines to make a vision of total hilarity, the humour of which is only increased by the fact that it turns out that I'm quite a spaz when it comes to swimming. I'm fine underwater with fins and an air supply but all this flailing around on the surface and being made to coordinate by arms and my legs and my breathing, well it's all a bit much... So I'll be dressed like a professional but without the body and the actual swimming ability of a Labrador. Brilliant.

No comments: