Wednesday, January 30, 2008

tastes like home

My parents emailed me pictures of their new home and it looks so green and lovely and amazing that I just want to be there now. It's a really nice feeling to look at pictures of this new place and be able to go, "Yeah, that looks like I could call that home." Hell, it looks like it already feels like home. But as a result, I'm back in justwannabeinOz mode. Or more accurately, justwannabewiththewhanau mode. So then I did the dangerous thing and started looking at job recruitment sites in Brisbane. There is no point in my doing this yet as I'm only going to be there AT THE END OF THE YEAR. And then yesterday I started looking around the web for dive clubs and rock climbing walls in Brissie... again with the end of the year comment...

But it's exciting. I have a whole new adventure coming up and dive clubs and rock climbing could well be the only way to stop myself from being Little Miss NoMates but the problem with getting excited about the new adventure is that I lose sight of the here and now and I must remember to carpe diem what I can of Europe while I'm here. I already know that with my priority on diving holidays, I'm going to miss quite a bit of Europe and I'll get back home and people will be like, "So did you see this?" no "Did you go there?" no "How about this place?" no "So what exactly did you do with your 3 1/2 years over there?!" umm........ Egypt?

No comments: