Friday, July 20, 2007

simple pleasures

To cut a long story short, 2 banners needed to be designed at work for a promo weekend we're doing at a dive site in a couple of weekends. We need the banners to go beside our stand and lucky me, I go to design them. That's not sarcasm folks, I'm fo' real lucky. This is the first large scale design work I've done and I must be a mega-design geek because the thought of standing beside two 2m high (80cm wide) banners designed by myself fills me with a warm fuzzy glow and makes me begin to drool with joy then start doing little excited jumps of joy. There's just something deliciously mouth-watering about getting to design BIG things.

Of course with this excitement comes big angst. I'm designing something on screen that is going to be 2 METERS HIGH. That is bigger than me. (Not hard to do, true, but still, bigger than me...) It's hard to know when you look at something on the screen what it'll be like at real size. But they're looking good and they're transferring to the printer now and I've checked and double checked and got other people to double check and finally, I had to just close my eyes, take a deep breath and hit 'send'.

There will be photos of me with my 2m high babies- I just hope to God there aren't any mistakes otherwise I'll be spending all weekend at the dive site looking at the muckups and obsessing over them. But I'm sure it'll be fine. The main thing to focus on is I will have made something that is 2 METERS HIGH. I go weak at the knees thinking of the chance to design a billboard...

No comments: