Thursday, August 03, 2006

okay so maybe Friday...

Good ole Kitty. She hides in silence for weeks and then WHAM! she comes out with gems like those pill packets. Geez Louise- I thought I had some random urls. You put me to shame hon!

In other matters, I'm glad I didn't explicitly promise to write a decent blog today because- you betcha- no time. I was hunting down special deals to Paris and now my time is up and work calls. Especially as tomorrow I'm out of the office doing press passing again. Maybe Friday? Maybe.

Last night I did the first session of my beginners' climbing course. It was awesome and, as predicted, my forearms nearly dropped off. It's a 4:1 ratio of students:instructor and apart from me there is a British couple and a guy from Brazil. We're a nice bunch and I think we'll work well together- climbing is so much nicer when you talk to each other and discuss problems and have someone yelling at you from the ground to tell you where to put feet/hands when you get stuck. Oh yeah- and the instructor is hot. ;-) Call me shallow but it never hurts to have eye candy around... We did belaying, knot tying, and then just generally scrambled our way up the walls using whatever came to hand. The focus was on getting belay technique down and believe you me, I never realised how important it was. I was spoilt because I was taught by people that I knew and trusted and had already climbed for a while. As a result I could slap myself in a harness and happily scramble my way up knowing that if it went pear-shaped, I'd be fine. Last night I discovered that you climb a whole lot more carefully when the person at the bottom of the rope is doing it for the first time...

Right. Work. Ciao.

No comments: