Thursday, June 14, 2007

bloomin' marvellous

I came home from Barcelona to find that my garden had gone crazy in my absence. The sunflowers I had left as seeds were as tall as my middle finger (and they're about as tall as my hand by now) and my lillies were finally starting to come out. For the record, I am not a fan of pink- at least not in clothing- (I did that unto death up to the age of almost 10 and judging from photos at the age of 7 or 8, all I owned was pink clothing...) but when it comes to plants I am just crazy in love with pink. So coming home to this hot pink lilly was pretty gosh darn cool. We'd bought a bag of mixed bulbs so had no idea what colours would come up. It seems I have red and pink ones and Mother Nature is the only entity I would forgive for this faux pas colour combination.


Pink lillies


Red lillies


And finally- my chilli plants. Check these bad boys out. Everywhere there are those little white buds- well potentially they can be chillies. And I have four plants- I think I'm gonna have to learn how to dry them.

No comments: