Wednesday, February 14, 2007

much better now

A benefit to having lots of friends over for dinner who get so full they almost fall asleep is that they leave behind lots of wine. And bless them, they drink red. So I've been able to indulge in a 'free' glass every night since Saturday. Cheers guys! I also have had lunch and dinner for the past two days although I might finish it all off tonight. That is thanks to Irish genetics- I totally blame my Mum. I worked out how much everyone might need, made a bit more and then one person couldn't come so I had, well, a lot. The laugh is that when I finally got a chance to sit down, about 20mins before the first person arrived, I was looking at all the food and suddenly has this panic of, "Shit! It's not gonna be enough! Maybe I should whip up another wee something..." But thank Christ I didn't because what with food for me for 3 days, I sent some of it home with the girls and Sean scoffed a lot when he got in and had a HUGE lot of the risotto on Sunday. So God bless the Irish and God bless my Mum. xox

I also got from Amazon, a copy of Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes and Fables: Wolves. Then I came across this which fit in with the whole Fables thing quite nicely I thought. I have been absolutely, thoroughly enjoying reading Revolting Rhymes. I remember being read this as a child and thinking it was the funniest, bestest thing out. I still think this- the rhymes and language are brilliant. It's the kind of book I like to read out loud because the words are just positively delicious to say and hearing it and giving a cadence and rhythm to it all is almost as much fun as the story itself. I need to go out and find a small child who will sit and listen, enthralled, as I go through the whole thing. Or I'll corner my flatmates tonight. Hee hee hee.

Oh- and traumatically, my girly movies will probably not arrive in time for me to hole myself up tomorrow and indulge in singleton-ness. I'm hoping Sarah and Sean bugger off for a romantic meal somewhere and leave me to wallow on my lonesome. Last year the girls and I went out for a meal but this year people are busy. Me, I'm just gonna try not to hook up with Ben and Jerry.

No comments: