Tuesday, February 20, 2007

tiptoe through the tulips



Yesterday I finally went to the Columbia Road Flower Market. Actually I went to a few markets in the Bethnal Green area with Willie and co. but the flower market was the one I've wanted to go to for ages. If I lived in the area, I'd be buying fresh flowers every fortnight or so. I love them. Instead, I satisfied myself with getting 3 bunches of tulips for £5 which is a bargain. I settled for yellow, pink and purple and spent most of my tuube ride home staring at the beautiful bright colours with a silly smile on my face. Someone looking at my would be forgiven for thinking that they were a present from someone special but no, I was just delighted by the colour. And the tulips, I just loveloveLOVE them, they're a favourite flower. It's a shame they don't tend to last too long. Geberas are also a big fav of mine. There's something all bright and brassy about them. And they do tend to last a while.


And in contrast, I'm finally putting up one of my pics from when it snowed. My but it's been a while since I've put pics on here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya

Im on a big flower hit at the moment as well. We have a whole lot of dehlias(sp?) and lillies that have popped up in our garden which i keep bringing inside. Pretty flowers good :-) love the tulips

xox
Joh

standgale said...

I like tulips too but that gerbera picture is awesome. I want some of them!

Marie

David said...

Nice tulips, man. Actually, I'm just posting because I think it's awesome that I can recognise the living room! Rock.

Issue 1 is out next week... Hope you're dealing with the cold alright - it's pretty summery here atm.