Saturday, February 24, 2007

kids, don't try this at home

Today, on a whim, I picked up Sport and found an article in it on rap running. Basically, it's abseiling but forwards. I've never been abseiling before, the closest I get is when my climbing buddy Graeme lets me down a bit fast after I've climbed a route. And at this place is Scotland I can do it down a 150ft (about 45 meters if you think as I do, and as all people should, in metric) cliff. AWESOME I seriously didn't think any of my friends would want to do it but two are keen for rap running and one is keen for at least abseiling so it looks like we might be able get a group together. The place which is recommended in the article, Nae Limits (it's a pun- if you say 'no' with a Scottish, sounds like 'nae' ha! a pun in the title, hilarious. I want to support them already.) , provides a range of outdoor activities including zorbing which we've been wanting to do for ages. So now I just have to organise 8 girls- thankfully it will probably end up being less than that- oh joy. Wish me luck...

Oh, and I meant to ad, they had this segment in the article in Sport which I thought was really cute, it follows on from describing how you get down the cliff:
This technique gives you total control over your descent, allowing you to pay out as much rope as you want. Those of a nervous constitution can shut their eyes and pootle inch by inch downwards in a flood of tears. The more free-spirited can run, jump or somersault down while tittering with glee.

I want to titter gleefully!

No comments: