Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic Fever

How on earth does anyone get any work done with the Olympic on? HOW?!

I have the day off work today. My plan was to sort out stuff in my room to give me an idea of volume and what I need to ship, what I'm keeping until I stay and what goes to friends or charity. Well I did some in the morning, went out and got some groceries, came back and doodled for quite a while (but I consider this productive as it's creative) and then made the mistake of turning on the tele. I was going to watch one of my rental DVDs that had arrived but I saw that the Olympics was on. I haven't caught any of it prior to this. Partially, I was staying away because I remember my tendency to get hooked on it and boy oh boy was I right. I came in at the end of the women's whatever-horrible-distance-run and was actually crying when the lady won. Since then I have spent the last almost 2 hours watching weight lifting, diving prelims, gymnastic and now table tennis. I can't seem to stop myself taking part- I yell at the weight lifters (they're totally listening to me and not their coaches), I hold my breath with the divers and gymnasts- I'm there.

So, unfortunately, is my room. I woudl like to feel by the end of today that I know roughly how much of what I will be keeping/taking/chucking. I may just have to turn off the tele and walk away....

No comments: