Wednesday, August 13, 2008

mocha cupcakes

And this one I did make.


INGREDIENTS
2tbsp instant coffee powder
85g butter
85g cater sugar
1tbsp clear honey
200ml water
225g plain flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
1tsp baking soda
3tbsp milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten

• preheat oven to 180˚C (I put them on 160˚C for my gas oven). Put 20 small paper baking cases in 2 bun trays.

• put coffee powder, butter, sugar, honey and water in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until sugar has dissloved. Bring to boil, then reduce hear and simmer for 5 mins. Pour into a large heatproof dish and leave to cool.

• when mixture has cooled, sift in flour and cocoa powder. Dossolve the baking soda in the milk, then add to teh mixture with teh egg and beat together until smooth. Spoon mixture into paper cases.

• bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins (I only needed 10 mins in my fan oven!) until well risen and firm to touch. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

To top these, they recommend whipped cream but I used a chocolate icing from a different recipe:

ICING:
85g butter, softened
175g icing sugar
25g dark choccie, melted

Put butter in a bowl and beat until fluffy. Sift in the icing sugar and beat together until smooth. Add melted chocolate and beat together until well mixed. (I had to add a little bit of water as well to get it to a consistency that was good to drop onto the cupcakes but I did that right at the end.) I then grated some white chocolate and sprinkled that on top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm good choc mocha gooey goodness ... will have to try the recipe :)