Wednesday, April 22, 2009

teeny tiny glory


I'm a huge fan of the miniature and have a fondness for dioramas so when I came across these at cheekymagpie.com, I was lost in love. it's like a diorama in a matchbox but because you can open and close them, they're like little boxes of joy. I'm gonna be buying matches just to make me some of these. Or I could just use this link for a template to make your own matchbox. (HA! Yeah- more like put it on the list of things I want to do in my spare time. I'm afraid it has to come after updating my website, changing this blog design and doing up a coffee table I bought recently. Never mind packing on Friday, fitting in my first Daring Bakers Challenge and moving on Sunday. As well as my normal work. Could I please have 2 more days in the week thanks? I don't think 48 hours is that much to ask.
Both images from www.cheekymagpie.com

Okay so I'm writing this next bit a couple of hours later but I had to add this in. You know how once you see something somewhere you suddenly start to see it everywhere? Well this has turned into my day of matchbox stumbling and I just had to share these other gems with you.

I mean how adorable are these? And they could be adapted for so many things. Little party favours for kids, place settings, mini-pressies for ppl. They're just a really cute way to contain small stuff. Check out inchmark.squarespace.com.


Similarly, this is also another cool use for these things. Check out Little Window Shoppe.


NB- The recipe for the hot cross buns has now been added to that entry. Just click here to jump to it. Enjoy.

No comments: