Friday, June 27, 2008

slumming it

So this weekend I'm going climbing and camping. I was quite excited about the whole thing when I heard the word 'camping'. I have fond memories of family camping trips when I was growing up and was looking forward to sitting around a fire making damper, toasting marshmallows and singing anything but Kumbaya. I know some people don't like camping but as long as I'm warm and dry, it's all good. Except for one thing- I also like to be clean and non-sweaty/stinky and I found out that we are not staying at a camping ground, we are staying in a field in the middle of nowhere with only a port-a-loo (and you know that's gonna be scary) for amenities. I must admit that the lack of running water took a slight bit of shine off my rose-tinted camping glasses but I can pack baby wipes and, as my friend Kerri pointed out, we'll be near the ocean, we can always just run in to clean off. And then be all salty.... Aaah well, it's all fun and games really. I just had to laugh at myself because I really want to be Little Miss Outdoors, I really do. I love nature (just not bugs) and I like being outside (mostly) and I like being active (as a general rule) but when it comes down to the crunch, I'm afraid that I think I'm quite fond of my mod-cons, top of the list being good cooking facilities and a nice bathroom. I'm almost ashamed of myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. This has been an inspiration for me. I’ve passed this on to a friend of mine.

financial help