Monday, June 30, 2008

Coz that's how we roll...


This past weekend I had my second ever outdoor climbing adventure in the UK and I can say without a doubt that this one went a lot better than the previous one. I was a lot more confident on the wall and wasn't really scared by the outdoor aspect as much although there were times when I was very aware that my brain was compartmentalising in order to keep me sane. You simply have to not think about the fact that you're 15m up a piece of rock with some shitty little hold and whole hill falling away beneath you.

Possibly my favourite sequence of photos are these two of Steve. Before is an oh-so-typical "aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, where's the hold?!" and the after is the "aaaah, there's the hold" look of joy.


Despite being a girl who does like her amenities, I coped very well with no shower all weekend and having to run off and pee behind bushes (a tricky thing to do when you're camping in a paddock). We had brilliant weather and it was great to get out of London and do something with my weekend. I think we'll be cramming in a fair few more trips before the summer is out.

No comments: