Friday, April 27, 2007

have a comic sans free day

This link was sent to me by Holly (chur chur) and sums up my attitude to Comic Sans and its usage pretty perfectly. Yes, I call it Satan's font, but that is really only because of how it is used.
In short, it's just not safe for unregulated public use. It should be handled like controlled substances or firearms, and should be used only by licensed professionals in very specific settings.
I agree. I would say that every font, now matter how fugly, can have a purpose and an appropriate time for usage. It just so happens that most people seem to think that every time is Comic Sans time which is NOT TRUE.

As for the rest of my life, I'm in Friday mode. I have a bitch of a feature still to lay out (hee hee, that sounds dirty...) but ignoring that, tonight I should have the flat to myself and I'm going to cook up some popcorn (I know, I know, I'm meant to be being good but it's Friday!) and sit back and watch Step Up.
ans of DIRTY DANCING and FAME will dig the moves in this tale of a sullen young thug named Tyler (Channing Tatum) who winds up doing community service at the Baltimore High School for the Performing Arts. At first he's just smirking and mopping the floors, but then Nora (Jenna Dewan), a talented dancer and choreographer, loses her partner to a fractured ankle mere weeks before the big showcase, and Tyler steps in as her partner. At first he doesn't take it too seriously but then again, he's never had a real chance in life. His best friend from the street (Damaine Radcliff) gets jealous and forces Tyler to decide which side of the tracks he thinks he belongs on.

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Cheesearama. This is the kind of movie I would usually indulge in with my sister. In fact it's a bit weird to write that because we haven't done it in 2 years but I will always think of here when I see a movie like this. In fact I almost prefer to watch them by myself (the first time) as opposed to with friends because it's some weird little homage to my sister ritual for myself. So, Julie, know that tonight I will be eating popcorn, watching a trashy dance movie and thinking of you. I miss you hon. xox

1 comment:

yumcycle said...

I've converted one of my workmates - she sent an email to the office in comic sans so I sent her this link. Fortunately, she thought it was hilarious.