Friday, March 16, 2007

but Golidlocks like many freaks, does not appreciate antiques

My Dad just blogged a whole set of hilarious pictures of burrowing owls inspired by a picture I emailed him recently. I've probably picked up my fondness for owls from my dad but I do have to say, they're pretty cool birds. The eyes- hilarious- and these burrowing ones seem to have a tendency to hang around standing on one leg which also seems to amuse me to no end.

I will also take this opportunity to tell you all to scroll down and keep checking previous entries as I did a whole bunch of 'drafts' on Egypt and am updating and posting them as I can.

Reading my dad's blog also drew my attention to the fact that I have a new Fables that I need to read which means getting back on Amazon which will be the undoing of me. Living in the UK, they have this thing whereby if you buy items to the value of £15 or more, you get free delivery. Now delivery isn't much at all but of course once you're on the site, its impossible to fight the urge to go, "Oh well there's no point in buying just one book, I should get another one (or two) to make it up to the free delivery amount." It happens every time and I KNOW I'm being suckered in but I just can't help it- mainly because buying more books does not feel like a waste of money. So now I'm off to Amazon to get me some literature. Whoopee!

No comments: