Thursday, December 01, 2005

Baaaaaa


My dear Aynia! Don't lose the faith!
Sometimes it may feel like we are drowning in sans serif tapers, slightly bulgy strokes and "jaunty" angled T-bars, but the reality is that, like how 'Everyone Loves Raymond' keeps winning Emmys, not all creative decisions are sound and audiences don't necessarily know quality from schmuality.

The point is that in every case where Comic Sans is used, another font could've been used more appropriately and effectively.
There are happier, chirpier, friendlier, more casual, more sans serifed, and more comic fonts for every occasion.
Your friends, and mine, who use Comic Sans with wreckless abandon are just lost lambs, and Aynia, it is our job to bring them back to the flock of typographical sheep.

Remember:
Comic Sans is to typography like what luncheon is to meat.

P.S.
I graduate in one week! I've got the dress, the shoes, the hair - I even have tan-in-a-can! Now I just need 4 poool boys to carry me around on my graduation day litter and fan me with palm fronds! Oh to join the esteemed ranks of BA-dom!

No comments: