Wednesday, November 30, 2005

tragedy

I just got a Christmas e-card from one of my closer friends back home which was lovely. What wasn't lovely was that it was, dare I confess, in comic sans. And she's a designer. (And in case you're hoping- no, this was not some kind of humorous and ironic statement.) I have started to wonder as of late whether Kitty and I might be a minority in our aversion of this abomination that gets called a font. One of my flatmates teaches design and has confessed to quite liking comic sans. (But then she's a product designer so I forgive her a lack of understanding on the finer points of typography.) Although to my alarm, the art ed of the magazine I'm working for also doesn't seem as horrified by the use of it as I believe she should be. Kitty my fellow hater of comic sans, wherefore art thou?

No comments: