Friday, May 02, 2008

please God let it be sunny


This weekend is a Bank Holiday Weekend so Monday is a day off so instead of going to Amsterdam as originally planned, 5 of us are driving to Brecon Beacon in Wales and hiring a cottage.

The weather could well turn out to be totally pants but I'm really hoping for some sunshine so that I can go for long scenic walks. And if not, well our cottage has red leather seats, a fire and we are stocking up on tea, books, boardgames and booze so fun shall be had no matter what the weather. I am however re-waterproofing my hiking boots tonight. I'm also taking a half day off work so that I can go to the library to stock up on books and bake muffins so we have weekend treats.

1 comment:

standgale said...

Those are the kind of fields you get after people clear rocks out of them for hundreds of years, and then make them all smooth and pretty.
It looks pretty...