Monday, March 02, 2009

A freakin' good idea

Ikea. I love it, I hate it, I hate loving it, I love hating it, oh Ikea.

Whereas one part of my loves the clean, simple lines, another part does NOT like the mass-production factor because suddenly everyone has it and it's not unique anymore. Every house can look have some sleek modernist Scandinavian wanna-be-retro-esque interior. I want to be original. And now, anyone can be.

Given my current obsession with surfaces and patterns, this seems like a site sent from above. But instead I found it on design-undercover. I really must start trawling (ie stumbling) the web again properly to come up with my own material as opposed to finding awesome links on other people's blogs... (And what's more, I have this exact side-table in my bedroom at the moment. Sure, technically it belongs to my parents but that's just pedantry.)

No comments: