Thursday, April 17, 2008

go go go

I've had to hit the ground running this week, what with work suddenly streaming in and my boss being away. But I'm not complaining, nope, I've actually been loving it. It's been a while since I've made to stretch my creative multi-tasking skills like this and it's been good. I'll be ready for the weekend though...

Things have been happening in The Life of Aynia.

1- My pocket knife arrived. I don't know if you've been keeping abreast with Lyndon's comments but apparently you can take a blade up to 6cm long on airplanes in NZ and I notice that this came in to place about a year after the twits took mine off me when I went up to Akl. With all the security paranoia here in the UK, I will get no such luck although my largest blade on my new toy is exactly 6cm long.
Knives of any length, composition or description (except for plastic or round bladed butter knives), swords, machetes, and items commonly used in martial arts competitions such as throwing stars.
Pooheads. Still, knifey had arrived and he is cool and I am happy. There has already been much using of the scissors.

2- WE GOT A NEW OVEN! I will not recount my reaction in detail and bore you all with a bow-by-blow account of my paroxysms of delight but suffice it to say that it has a light, a fan and 2 shelves, things which my previous crapola oven did not. I'm still getting used to the fan things but as this involves many experiments in baking, nobody seems to be complaining.

3- My climbing shoes have a hole in the toe! This is traumatic indeed and involves me sending them away to get re-soled. Last night I had to hire shoes and it was a fairly traumatic experience. They're cheapy shoes and I feel like the soles have no traction at all which I know is bollocks but it's psychological so I don't feel happy standing on things. SO fingers crossed my babies are returned to me soon, all rejuvenated and ready to scramble up walls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.