Friday, May 25, 2007

olé!

So yes, I have to post all about Portugal and yes, I haven't even posted about my last trip to Portugal but for now, even the impending excitement of Barcelona has been temporarily eclipsed but Brussels. Yeah. Who'd've thought? I'm going to Brussels for a supershort weekend at the end of June and really only because one of my friends needs a visa for trip to Italy in July but can't get an Italian one so is hoping to get a 3 month shengen one*. Not that that really matters to anyone but us so anyway- I was going along because it was somewhere new to see and I thought the food should be good but had no idea what there was to see and wasn't too excited until my friend sent me this link. A comic strip museum in a building built by Victor Horta?!!! Oh my God yes! Out pops my inner supergeek. I loveloveLOVE seeing places I've studied or buildings by the people I've studied. Or chairs by them or anything else. It's way cool and makes me way happy. Oh my God there's even a whole Victor Horta Museum. Soooooooooooooooooo cool. My friends may not want to go but I am so there. Yay yay yay.

how about you just drive the car?
On my train the other night there was a man in a suit reading a user manual for a Mercedes Benz. With a bookmark. WTF?

stumbling again
It's been a while since I've given any cool links to check out so this should make up for it a bit:

COOL 3M AD

WHY NOT TO THROW PAPERCLIPS AT WORK

POLITICS EXPLAINED- I'm sure everyone's had this email forwarded around at some point but I still find it amusing.
BENDER CURIOSITIES if you're a Futurama geek then this will make you stare in awe. You are not an übergeek fan in comparison to the people who made this site.
COOL CLOCK
NICE AFRICA IMAGES
LEONARDO DA VINCI DRAWINGS
ever since first seeing his sketches, I have been in love with this man's work. Not so much his paintings but the sketches- I could look at them forever.
THIS ART REMINDS ME OF SCHOOL DIARAMAS
.
CLEVER HOMES- I liked the models of the houses

*travelling as a Kiwi is so easy but if you're a South African, everything is a hassle and needs a VISA.

No comments: