Friday, April 14, 2006

to our mystery reader

Even though I am back home and therefore most of the people that this blog is directed at are now in contact with me, it is still alarming to see that there were no hits in the last day. Mystery reader somewhere in America, don't give up on us. Kitty never blogs anyway (love you Kitty! xox) but after hearing how busy she is, it's small bloody wonder that she manages to write at all, let alone make it look all minty fresh.

Writing is taking quite an effort this morning as my hands don't seem to be working properly at all. I partially blame the cold. I also blame my run (well really it's a walk) for sapping me of all my energy. Being back home is fantastic though. I have been having a fab time and have been super busy. In fact the only reason I'm updating this is because I feel some weird obligation to our mystery reader somewhere around the Ohio region. You bumped up a dot size on our little clustermap-doohacky so we're calling you a regular. Howdy. So just for you, a lot of pictures and an update. Although being back is cool, it's also kinda strange. I mean I know without a doubt now that NZ is where I want to be (unless some place captures my heart in the next year and a half) but it's strange to be away for a year and come back and it's like you never left. It's not just that the place looks the same, I can pick up just where I left off with so many friendships. Which is cool but still slightly surreal. Still- I've been supremely lucky with weather and also the tides as I've been able to walk on the beach every day. Hello, my name is Aynia and I love the beach. Although who couldn't? Catching it early in the morning at low tide there's something just so calming in all those shades of blue and grey. But enough of beaches. I suspect you want pictures.
I splurged out and got myself a fancy new haircut. Well the cut isn't as fancy as the colour. Check out my blonde bits. Oooer!


And here is my sister Julie doing Blue steel. So hot right now.


And here is Julie on the beach. Remind me again why I want to leave this?


And last but definitely not least- here is Sophie, my sensei's eldest daughter. She's grown SO much in the year I've been away it's scary. She rivals Sean and Daisy for cutest kids ever. So supercutiepie.

No comments: